Saturday, January 21, 2012

Review: Hunter Rain Boots, iPhone, The Hunger Games (trilogy book series)

Hey guys!
Please excuse my constant lying to you telling you I'm going to be posting more. I'm having "posting issues" because I am just way too busy. It is now what I refer to as "crunch time" (the time after winter break when school gets intense) which means I have a lot to keep me busy: planning a fashion show (which I will be doing a blog post about), a dance recital, talent show, getting in shape for spring track, AP's and eventually regents/finals. So I thought I would keep it simple with a review. I've only done one review before on a Bumble & Bumble hair product so this time I'm going in a completely different direction. I will be reviewing Hunter Rain Boots (and the welly socks), my iPhone, The Hunger Games book series.



HUNTER RAIN BOOTS 
I've been dying to have a pair of these bad-boys for years now. One day I finally caved and decided to buy them because they would be really helpful for the winter weather (rain, slush, snow). I bought the "Hunter 'Original Tall' Rain Boot" in navy (125$). They are matte finish not the 'high gloss' version, I'm not really a fan of the glossy ones, they're a little too flashy for me. 
Review: I absolutely love these boots. They are TO DIE FOR. First of all I find that Hunter Rain boots have a sense of classy-ness around them, they are very high end, and low key, and not flashy. Coach rain boots and Burberry rain boots for example have these extravagant, distracting prints on them that are too "flaunt it in your face". Hunter simply has the logo on the top, and thats that. The functionality of the rain boots is also a plus. I know a lot of my friends, and I myself, have had mishaps with rain boots that randomly got a hole. It wasn't until you stepped into a puddle that you would realize it, and by that time its too late. These boots are completely sealed from the water (trust me I've tested them numerous times). They are also great because they have a coating that allows the water to slid right off them (I realized this during class one day when my friend was wearing rainboots. The water simply collected on her boots in droplets, the water on mine was completely gone from the top of the boot). I also love the technology designed around and with the boot. The fleece wellys for instance are so smart. They act as a thermal sock insert for the boot, which is perfect for snow. I wore them around one day and my feet were warm the entire time! All in all I would say the Hunter rain boots are completely worth it. Snow, Rain, whatever, they'll do the job!

iPhone
I used to have a blackberry but in the middle of December I switched to the iPhone 3GS which, I know, is soooo0o0o0oo0o outdated. But I'm not doing a review on the technology of the iPhone as much as I'm doing a "reflection" on my change from Blackberry to iPhone. (Background: I got the iPhone 3GS for free because my Blackberry broke. I can upgrade, I'm just waiting until the iPhone 5 to upgrade.)

Review: Every Blackberry user's fear is losing BBM. I know, I've been there, and I've overcome that fear. Honestly, its really annoying for a few weeks, and you do actually miss BBM but everyone is switching to iPhone anyway so who cares. You don't want to be the last one on BBM now do you? That would suck even more. Now on to the actual iPhone review. I strongly dislike it. Originally when I first got my Blackberry (Bold 9700) two years ago I was choosing between Blackberry and iPhone, and I picked BB because of the keyboard. I really am not a fan of touchscreen keypads, I find them annoying and difficult to use. I stand by this decision. Right now my main problem with the iPhone is the fact that I mostly use it for texting, but I can't text on this phone. The second I got this phone I turned auto-correct off. I absolutely hate auto-correct, it slows people down while they are texting, I liked the BB system which underlined a misspelled word instead of changing it without your consent. Technology wise (I know this is for every iPhone because my father has the iPhone 4, and my sister has the 4S) iPhones don't hook up into wifi without your consent. For some strange reason my BB would hookup into wifi anywhere without asking me for a password, the iPhone asks me for a password every time I reach a new wifi location. Another issue I have with the iPhone is the poor battery life. This is something that all iPhone users have experienced. I don't have a single game downloaded onto my iPhone and my battery is drained by the time I get home. One thing, however, I do like about the iPhone is some of the apps. For example Instagram and Shazam are amazing apps not yet available to BBs. You do have more capability with the touchscreen. All in all, not my favorite phone, but I'm keeping it with the hopes that I grow to like it.

The Hunger Games Book Trilogy
I don't read. Once in a while I stumble upon a book series that I fall in love with, read it and then never think about it again, but I'm not a chronic reader. The Hunger Games changed me.          

Review: I promise I'm really not being dramatic but... THESE ARE THE BEST BOOKS EVER WRITTEN. They blow Twilight out of the water, and come dead in place with Harry Potter. Every single person I have met who has read these books has said they liked them. I'm not lying when I say EVERY single person liked them, even some of my guy friends do. I once had a conversation with a woman who I had never met in the bathroom about these books. She told me "when you read the books make sure you have no plans because you won't be able to tear yourself away from them." Its true. There is something so addicting about these books. They have an underlying love story, but its so minuscule at first, that you just want more so you keep reading. It also has such a unique and interesting plot filled with drama and action. Collins keeps your attention by throwing "cliffhangers" randomly into the text which peaks excitement and honestly keeps you reading. The only issue I have with the series is the ending of the last book. Unfortunately its a pretty crappy ending, because it just seems like Collins rushed and wanted to be done with the book. She doesn't elaborate at all its kind of like "k bye". But all in all these books are amazing, and the ending will most likely be changed for the movie (which I am going to see the midnight showing of BTW).

xo Heather
p.s. If theres anything you want reviewed let me know. Do you want more reviews?


No comments:

Post a Comment