Saturday, February 25, 2012

psstt. White Jeans AFTER Labor Day

I suppose this title is a little misleading, I guess it should be "White Jeans....AT ALL." White jeans are really risky, confusing, and can very easily turn trashy if worn incorrectly. 


(I'm on the left... obviously because I'm wearing the white jeans)
(I had to crop my head out of this one, but its just to give you a better look at my outfit)

These pictures are actually from October, so this is more of a "fall white jeans" look rather than spring. But just like my Christmas list I figured better late than never! Essentially my approach to white jeans is muted colors. Sure there are some people who will go for the ultimate blanc look, or the bold color look. But for a teenager, and specifically a high schooler it is safer to add color, rather than wash it out (although personally I would never wear white jeans to school). 


Some quick white jean rules:

1. DO NOT buy a pair of jeans that hugs your every curve. It is so trashy to wear white jeans that are essentially jeggings.
2. THONGS AND NUDE UNDERWEAR ladies and (gentlemen)!! We are not a walking peep show. It is possibly the biggest, but most avoidable mistake you can make.
3. USE JUDGEMENT when planning a white jean outfit. Don't wear your furry lace up wedge boots, or a animal fur jacket. White jeans are special, they are a statement within themselves, there is really no need to go "all out". 

(Stephanie Pratt wearing a white jean outfit that strangely resembles mine, which was completely coincidental) 

(Cindy Crawford d0ing a bright spring white jean look)

(Whitney Port)

(Lauren Conrad... sensing a "The Hills" trend)

(Ashley Tisdale)

(November 2009 Madewell Lookbook)

(Kirstin Cavallari)

(Sarah Jessica Parker, one of my favorite outfits)

(Ashley Tisdale, an example of the ultimate blanc look)









*PS most of these pictures of the celebrities are pretty old.

xo
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment