Thursday, June 30, 2011

Product Review: Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

Lately the beauty community (which is in direct relation with the fashion community) has been obsessing over Bumble and Bumble. I never caught on with this obsession because to me it was just over priced hair products claiming to do amazing things to your hair, which face it, just isn't possible. When I went to the city on Monday I quickly stopped by Sephora and there was a Bumble and Bumble section that had testers of their products. 


As Summer comes around everyone wonders how to get beachy waves and the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray is what I see most of the beauty gurus recommending. Well I decided to try the product out for myself. I had my friend drench my hair in the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray and heres what I have to say about this product:
This spray is amazing. It does exactly as it promises. It gives you beachy wavy hair and perfectly replicates the effect of beach water on your hair. It's almost as if Bumble and Bumble took beach water and put it into a container. 


The only problem is that it replicates the beach a little to well. The smell is very unpleasant (it bothered me a lot because I'm obsessed with the way my hair smells, weird right?) and it made me feel as if I hadn't washed my hair in days after going to the beach. You have to realize that this product is a lot like the actual beach. I don't feel clean after the beach so this spray made me feel a little gross because my hair was stringy and kind of crunchy, the way it gets after the beach. It made my hair tangled in the back and the thought of brushing through it was nauseating. 


With that said, the spray does its job of replicating the beach very well so if you like PURE beach hair, then this is the product for you! As for me, I'm going to stick with braiding my hair to achieve the beachy hair look.

To Purchase:

No comments:

Post a Comment